As one of the world's most dynamic and fast-paced airports, Heathrow is an exciting and iconic location for film and photographic shoots.
Filming and photography at Heathrow is classed as either breaking news or commercial. See below for notice periods and location fees.
To apply to film or photograph, click on the relevant link at the bottom of this page.
Commercial filming / photography
- Includes film and TV production, corporate productions, fashion shoots, educational and charity projects as well as material for internal use.
- We are experiencing high demand at present and may need more than five working days' notice. Please plan your shoot acordingly.
- You'll be prompted to upload risk assessment, method statement and valid public liability insurance. Risk assessment templates and information on how to complete them can be found at www.hse.gov.uk
- A location fee and potentially staff costs will apply. For location fees, please click here.
- Airlines, retail partners and official contractors wishing to film or photograph for project, internal, audit or proof of posting purposes do not need to apply for a media permit.
- Airlines, retail partners and official contractors wishing to film or photograph for external audiences, including online usage and social media, must apply for a media permit. The application must be completed directly by the production company or photographer.
Any questions on commercial filming/photography? Get in touch at email@example.com / +44 (0)7713 077292.
Breaking news filming / photography
- Is aimed at news - where the story is aviation related, topical, in the public interest and the crew size is minimal.
Any questions on non-commercial filming? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We're sorry but Heathrow is unable to accommodate student film-makers.
Breaking news filming