As one of the world's most dynamic and fast-paced airports, Heathrow is an exciting and iconic location for film and photographic shoots.
Filming and photography is classed as either commercial or non-commercial. See below for notice periods and location fees.
To apply to film or photograph, click on the relevant link at the bottom of this page.
Commercial filming / photography
- Includes film and TV production, corporate productions, fashion shoots, educational and charity projects as well as material for internal use.
- Applications require 5 working days' notice without exception.
- You'll be prompted to upload risk assessment, method statement and valid public liability insurance. Risk assessment templates and information on how to complete them can be found at www.hse.gov.uk
- A location fee and potentially staff costs will apply. For location fees, please click here.
- Airlines, retail partners and official contractors wishing to film or photograph for project, internal, audit or proof of posting purposes do not need to apply for a media permit.
- Airlines, retail partners and official contractors wishing to film or photograph for external audiences, including online usage and social media, must apply for a media permit. The application must be completed by the production company.
Any questions on commercial filming/photography? Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org / +44 (0)7713 077292.
Non-commercial filming / photography
- Is aimed at news - where the story is aviation related, topical, in the public interest and the crew size is minimal.
Any questions on non-commercial filming? Email us at email@example.com
We're sorry but Heathrow is unable to accommodate student film-makers.